A BLAST FROM THE PAST,PART 2!!AND OTHER STUFF


Today wasn’t a bad day neither was it one with events that which change my life but I loved it all the same. I went for swimming and got this wicked muscle pull on my hand which I can still feel till now! I was in the changing room and kids from logos academy were changing and I knew some of them and so I asked them why the girls were already in the pool and they were still changing. One of them told me that the girls usually change in school and just come to the pool take of their clothes quickly and are in. When I asked them why they don’t do that one of them replied that unlike the girls they want to keep their dignity!! These kids are nine!!lol.
 I finally started the Lord of the rings trilogy. It’s been a minute since the movie was made but I enjoyed it all the same. It resurfaced my childhood dream to have powers-wizards, elves, hobbits, great archers. I still want to be different till today. I guess a little part of me wants to be special in a way that everyone will notice. I’ve wanted to be a secret agent, robin hood, flash, superman, Carl lightman, Neill Caffrey , a samurai, a ninja and best of all CHARLIE SHEEN and BARNEY STINSON  and I guess those little dreams never die out (stop judging me, I know that you all have your own!)
I remembered that I still didn’t post the two other poems I had gotten from my memory box so here they are. The first one is a love poem and the second one well…..even I don’t know what I was thinking or where to place it

Your laughter is my joy
Your smile is my weakness
Your comfort is my strength
Your love is my rest

First love so special
As a maiden voyage of a ship unsailed
First love so special
As a flow’rs first bloom
First love so special
As one’s burning desires fulfilled
First love so special
So special to me

You came into my life
In my heart
You’re on my mind
You’re under my skin
A part of my life story.

This second one must be based on my subconscious belief in cosmic bodies like the fallacy of wishing upon a wishing star and well learned people who turn to the papers each day to check what their stars have for them!!(I find that just plain silly!)
Oh star
Oh star
Oh shooting star
Oh fiery ball of light above
Towards the sun from east to west
Grant me one wish I put to rest

Oh star
oh star
My source of wonder
Shining place of solace and healing
My stance is weak, my heart is peeling
Grant me one wish I put to rest


Oh star
Oh star
So far yet so near relief divine cast darkness asunder……..(this is where it originally reached,let me just add a line or two)
Let not crushed dreams lay nest in our heart and plunder
Shine upon us and give us hope
Let us know we are not alone….(I really can’t think up anything more than that)
Last week was fun. Did pizza with C.J (Janira) and caught up on lost time and spilled out the events and (or) escapades of the past month while still managing to hate on the fashion sense of some Nairobians. I shall not forget to mention, for your sake Janira, all the dudes dressed in leather jackets while it was blistering hot! On my side, supras and skinnys, Mohawks, overly tight tops or pants revealing unflattering curves( my pal kila used to call firestone or michelins) and to my shock of their resilience in the country,timberland boots should be thrown away till next century!!That is just my humble opinion
Did I mention by the way that MANCHESTER UNITED  won a record 19th premiership title??
I also realized that this whole learning guitar thing needs patience and to be taken one step at a time!! I was doing songs while cramming the chords instead of concentrating on learning chord formation.
News on currently is the death of Samuel Wanjiru. God rest his soul. His death though doesn’t add up in a way according to me. The fact that he jumped from first floor… People who commit suicide usually jump leg first and I’ve personally fallen off the roof, after which my mom and her slippers had a fellowship on my bottom. Suicides are also long thought out and aren’t caused one incident but more of a series of undealt with issues which all culminate in the sad act of suicide. I’m just speculating but I’m sure our “highly competent and beloved” boys in blue will find out the real reason.
Silly me registered to perform at poetry night which is coming up this Friday and I’m still not 100% sure on the song selection I’ve made. I’m sometimes obsessed with musical perfection and this is why I am very picky when it comes to the music I listen to. I’ll still go through with it, I think just for the fact that I had thought about it some time ago and it can’t go that badly [scrap that till after the performance] I suffer from stage fright though which is quite ironic cause I’m on stage in church and I’ve been on other stages before. In my defence new crowds make me jittery. Though not overly visible, my hands usually shake (A LOT) and I usually scan the crowd just to see their reaction. My dear brother has just come into the room to ask for something and he reminds me of those shady Kenyan dancers when you go out raving, the ones who end up single all night and not willingly(mob love bro!!)Now he is chasing a cockroach and trying to burn it with a lighter and has just burnt himself with the lighter and is making a girly scream! #enough said
It’s felt so nice just to write again, this might be my path to a writing career, a future Rick Castle maybe:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KIKUYU PRIVILEGE-WHEN WILL WE ADMIT IT EXISTS?

NEW YORK TIMES DECRIES CENSORSHIP

GETTING WHAT YOU WANT