THIS WEEKEND



I’m here on my bed listening to the whole smoke and mirrors album and “all in” my favourite song is playing. Someone told me that blogging is as much a way of venting as much as it is a way of keeping less formal memoirs. As I write I’m sure I’ll make sense at least somewhere midway.
This has been by far the coolest weekend this year and its because of the new people I met and getting to really know some people I call my friends,
Friday
I worked the whole day with my cousin, Gash parkie and from that I learnt that he knows at least half the girl fraternity that does law!
In the comp lab  a group of girls were playing “I had sex” by akon which I deemed senseless, immature and vulgar not forgetting demeaning……I would think they would be the ones making snide comments about the message but I must be growing old,right??the old fashioned values of valuing girls is quite outdated, I should have known!  I guess content matters not to others as it does to me..
I met Ndunge, a very special young lady. Besides besieging my masculinity with cracks here and there about my age and through many comments maybe just maybe dented my masculinity! Ironic thing is that through all that she kept me smiling all night when we went for Eve of poetry later that evening.She was interlectually stimulating and funny… Truly one in a milllion!!
I met Sarah, her friend who I talked with for just a couple of minutes but there was just something about herJ
I met Baraka and Gift, my two cousins. Cool guys! Baraka, the phone in your socks and it was only 6.30 p.m I shall not forgive you for!
I heard a lot of poetry, sadly this specific event had mediocre performances with most lacking audibility, confidence and the main thing we wanted, PERFORMANCE skills!
Saturday
I went for a nyam chomz plot with my crew from church and perhaps the best meat I had in ages! though the pork,beef,ugali,pineapple, soda ,juice. Ice-cream and  whatever else didn’t leave us scot free..lol..The getting to know people was like meeting them all afresh
I met Sam who’ s father is deaf but has beaten the odds and became the third deaf person in AFRICA  to attain a PhD! Sam wants to start a deaf university in Kenya, a noble cause and I have this feeling that it isn’t as farfetched as it seems!
I met Eric who is doing aeronautical engineering but isn’t quite sure if that’s what he wants to do all his life..he’s in a moment of confusion, and I thought I was the only one
I met Joseph one of the most quite people I know who’s depth was perhaps beyond my perception. H e explained life using physics and made true the end justifying the means
I met Dan who wants to fly all over the world as a couple of thousand feet above ground zero is his playing field and one day help others who can’t, achieve their dreams one day.
I met Mwaniki who explained life to use using the theory of relativity to explain the Bible..Einstein would be proud! Your meat roasting skills are unpararelled!
I met Augustine, he who humbled me most! Augustine was orphaned at a young age and taken in by his uncle. He was in class two when he was told he was going to a boarding school and was ecstatic and no bad wolf could blow down his castles in the air, finally, an education. He woke up in a reform school, his uncle couldn’t afford to keep him. They had no real clothes and woke up each morning to the scorching sun to dig farms with sticks, since jembes were not provided, ate something wouldn’t call food but rather temporary hunger erasers. He and a group of friend escaped and walked from past Kabete to Westlands where they meet other children, chokoras as we brand them who he came to learn were formed from a large percentage from his ‘Kind’, escapees.  He moved to town a week later and that was his home for six months. Sleeping in paper bags and rummaging for food. Segregated by the rest by his refusal to take drugs or as the older ones who would buy the famous “flesh peddler’s of Koinange street” for a night, I would guess in a forlorn need to find love, he was left alone.
He would get money and buy shoes and wake up in the morning and find them gone, probably funded someone’s glue and girl for a night or two. He was in an unlucky incident caught by the police dragnets and taken in and jail was no picnic. I could go on and on with more of that story but b the grace of God through Tumaini kwa Watoto he finished high school last year and attained a C-. I am proud of his achievement. I thought at eleven I had problems!! He taught me that He has a plan for me, a plan to give me a hope and a future.
Sunday and the whole weekend I was with my bro Benja. I have never met a guy who is more confused about heart matters as he is! His dancing skills are….well…indescribable!!!but he’s the coolest bro, fun times!!
This week I met the world!

Comments

  1. Yay! I see your cousin Gash has an impact on your life! LOL! TBH he doesn't know as many girls as you think..it's just that you were too mesmerized by the pretty girls that they were all you could see! Or think about! No wonder it took us a whole day to finish work that was supposed to be done in 2hours..and YOU have the nerve of accusing Benja of being 'confused about heart matters'! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha gash..did you read isaac's f.b update about a week ago asking why its only his older brother who gets to salsa with the chicks??lolment..it just says a lot
    Then again this is said by the guy who is sworn to the pleasure principle!!!!
    True though i was mesmerised by the fish in the parkie sea!You fishermen for there are spoilt for chioce!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

KIKUYU PRIVILEGE-WHEN WILL WE ADMIT IT EXISTS?

NEW YORK TIMES DECRIES CENSORSHIP

GETTING WHAT YOU WANT